If a 'junk food' represents comfort, and you know that and eat it in moderation, is it still 'bad' for you?
Only you know the answer. Listen to your body and check in with common sense.
The secret to looking and feeling great is balancing what you want with how you feel. Give yourself emotional and physical balance to tune-in to your body and reduce stress. Junk stands for justifying what feels emotionally satisfying. You don't need to justify your emotional needs. Instead, be kind to yourself.
The habit of having a 'junk food' in the afternoon because it's easy, is like ignoring a red light because you don't like the color. Ignoring the reality of effects of junk food or red lights is equally devastating. Tune-in to what you sense. The point of seeing and feeling is to respond. The more you do, the more balanced your life will be.
- Eat a good breakfast; then, have lunch an hour later than usual. Make sure lunch includes protein.
- Instead of eating a candy bar, leave the room to take a 3 minute walk/stretch to refresh your body. This refreshes your state of mind.
- Drink a glass of water: if you don't 'like' water, mix in a small amount of fruit juice for a flavor you find satisfying, but make sure at least 2/3 or the mixture is water.
- Decide to enjoy a candy bar or other treat by eating it slower. Put it down between bites.
- Really savor the flavor and notice the taste with your tongue. Notice how your stomach feels.
- Don't feel compelled to finish the whole thing. Why not save half for another day?