It has been found that people who stay slim eat the most carbs.If you're wondering how can this be, read on. There are certain carbs called, "Resistant Starches" (list below). Hundreds of studies show that when we have these as part of one meal a day, we eat less and burn more calories.
- The special thing about these carbs is, they fill us up. We don't need a lot to be satisfied. Many inhibit our appetite. This means they are more filling than protein or fat.
- The reason why is: we digest them more slowly than other types of foods. This triggers the comforting sensation of fullness.
- When including carbs as part of a meal, it is important to reduce portions of protein and vegetable so that the plate is balanced. Moderation always works best.
- Balanced eating -- without cutting out an entire food group -- provides more long-term energy. Additionally, cravings are less, which keeps us upbeat.
- Starch resistant carbs flip on all of our fullness triggers. This releases hormones in our body that increase eating satisfaction.
- Balance is natural momentum that feels like inner stability. Momentum is energy and inner stability is a stress buster. It makes sense to eat balanced.