Get physical at mealtime.
Intuitive eating is physical.
Being physical when we eat means connecting with what we sense and what we feel.The feeling we all look for is happiness. Happiness isn't complicated. Sharing a smile, a song or eye contact keeps energy of happiness bouncing around us. The intuitive way to feel this is by being grateful. Being grateful is how to feed your heart. Gratitude, importantly, reduces the risk of emotional eating.
- Be grateful before you put any food into your mouth. Feed your heart first by remembering that you are not homeless, at war, or ill.
- Feed your heart by being thankful for the chance to be thankful.
- Eat with an attitude of dignity and comfort. Make this attitude your priority at mealtime.
- Tune in with your senses. Think with your senses when you eat. Respond to what you notice and how you feel.
- See what you are eating .
- Notice portion size. Do not eat any serving bigger than your fist.
- Connect with your body.
- When you enjoy food, digestive enzymes are more efficient and more calories are burned.
- Eat only up to your physical comfort level. Stop when you feel good, which is before you feel full.
- Listen to your thighs, your gut and your heart and you will eat wisely. Ignore your head.
- Eating is physical. It's like putting gas in the car.
- It doesn't matter what's playing on the radio inside the car. The goal is to fill the tank with gas for power.
- Your head does not know what you need to eat; only your body does.
- Don't overload your body or put in the wrong fuel.
- Chew more, taste more, talk more and you will eat less.
Learn more about how to connect with your intution by reading Fine Tuning, Connect With Your Inner Power. Learn more specifically about using natural intuitive insights to stay in sync with your body by reading, Am I Really Hungry, 6th sense diet:Intuitive eating.
It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis. – Margaret Bonnan