Looking good demands immediate gratification. In the spring, we cover-up less. Look good and feel your best with these tips that include foods to help achieve long-term weight goals.
- Nails - clean, neatly shaped nails are attractive. I polish mine and currently am welcoming in spring by wearing turquoise blue. Men and women look at a person's hands when they first meet to feel a connection. Keep your hands beautiful and you will feel beautiful.
- Our nails are both genetic and an indicator of health. Eat balanced meals for optimum appearance.
- Nail polish - even clear - always makes hands look nice.
- Hair - clean hair smells nice and looks good. Spring is a perfect time to get a new hairstyle or to get your current hairdo trimmed and shaped. You will know you're looking good and the smile you're wearing will be a turn-on for all who see you.
- Eggs, wild salmon, pork, lentils, tofu, spinach, bell peppers, sweet potatoes and oysters are all considered good for shiny, healthy hair. They are also not fattening, and having any of these in moderation with your dinner will help you shed those pounds for bikini season.
- Depending on your hair type, there are many products in the drugstore that can enhance the way hair looks or feels. Clean hair that smells good is sexy. Have fun.
- Skin - is exposed more in the spring. Healthy skin feels and looks good. After a winter of being under wraps and exposed to elements, you might want to indulge yourself in a full body rub with moisturizer, to smooth bumps and refresh dry spots. Skin that glows with health is a magnet.
- Our skin loves tropical fruits, which are high in vitamin C. Broccoli is collagen booster. Try it sprinkled with lite soy sauce or liquid aminos and you may discover it's strangely addictive. Almonds and whole wheat products are skin nurturers, but be sure to have these in moderation, as they are also calorie intense. Carrots, salmon and sardines are also great for our skin.
- Eyes - Wow! Eye contact brings people into your heart. When your eyes are bright, alert and looking glamorous, who knows what can happen? :)
- All of the foods above that are good for our nails, hair and skin are also good for eye health. Additionally, wheat germ and beans are eye food.
- Why not put on some eye shadow to compliment your nail polish, or if you like the natural look, just put on your best attitude and watch what happens!
It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it and that's what gets results. ~Jane Bernard