The intuitive way to deal with generic diet advice is not take it too seriously. Instead, we may listen to what we hear, and then balance it with how we feel - - before we take it to heart. Eating is extremely personal. It's natural self-defense to think for yourself. It's intuitive to respond to what your body needs.
A healthy diet changes with the seasons. Listen to the weather and you will lose weight. Nature is a spontaneous response to changes in the environment. Nature continually trims the fat and fuels for efficiency. What you eat needs to be a genuine, spontaneous response to your unique needs, stress and goals.
Every day, I hear about someone who is losing their hair, has a gallstone or worse -- as a result of extreme dieting.T oday, I heard about a man who lost 60 pounds in one month. He died 2 months later. Extreme dieting ignores healthy signals from your body.
Everyone in the world has different fingertips, DNA and digestive systems. Your body is impressively unique. Use sensual eating to respect your body. Sensual means to tune-in to your physical appetite by using your senses.
- Vary what you eat.
- You will eat less because the taste is not a habit. Habits make us overweight because they are not a response to genuine needs.
- Intuitive eating is being tuned in sensually to how you feel and to following nature. Your senses are spontaneous. Here's how:
- Smell, taste and see your food.
- Only eat what you love.
- Remind yourself of your eating goal. Eating goals include:
- Get Energy,
- Build Muscle Mass,
- Lose a Few Pounds,
- Enjoy food physically and sensually.
- We know it's important to eat for good physical energy and quality of life. The equally important sensual reason to eat, is to satisfy appetites for the pleasure of eating and the pleasure of sharing the pleasure.