- Turning to the freezer for ice cream - This makes problems worse.
- Jamming food down your throat without tasting - This it is totally unsatisfying.
- Eating a huge mound of food because it's available but not because you feel a physical hunger - This is like shooting yourself in the foot.
Chronic stress is physically released by sleep, sex, exercise and laughing. Music is also a way to release and relax your body. Tune in to music, feel your body relax and tune in to yourself.
Stress is the opposite of relaxing. Relaxing tells your body it's okay to lose weight!
Eating is supposed to be relaxing. When food is tasted and enjoyed, eating becomes a prelude to other pleasures. It opens the doors to zero calorie conversations, self-affirming eating choices and mutual excitement. This is how to eat to nourish your whole self.
When you eat, enjoy a nice relaxed meal. You'll eat less, talk more, feel better and look your best. It's amazing how treating yourself with respect works like a vitamin!
- Eat for pleasure,
- Eat because it feels and tastes good and
- Be happy and relaxed with yourself.
- It's not fun.
- It doesn't feel good
- You don't like yourself when you do it.