So for the New Year, make a resolution to Be Your Own Boss. It takes time and energy, but so does everything worth having. The cool thing is the energy burns calories.
- Think with your senses. Do this by checking the way your body feels before and while you're eating. If you see a huge piece of cake in front of you and check-in with your body, your brain may put up a red flag saying: cut it in 1/2 & put what's okay to eat on separate plate. Or your body may already be full. This means you are free to leave the table.
- Feel with your mind. Do this by using intuitive tools like foresight, courage, dignity and curiosity. Before you eat ask, "How will I feel about myself if I eat this?" It's intuitive to respect and protect yourself, but if it's not your habit, you won't do it. Once you use your intuition by doing this, you will feel liberated because you will be in control.
Here's the bottom line about eating habits that cause emotional eating:
- Eating Habits limit choices and kill spontaneity, which makes you look drawn and wrinkly, even if you're overweight.
- Habits Avoid letting the moment unfold in the present, which means you stay in the past, which is full of emotional hot-spots.
- Bully & bluster often justify habits that age & delude you into eating when you're full.
- Habits Ignore problems and inhibit the truth, which - like doing drugs - is a temporary fix. It wears off; then you get the nudge, the gut feeling, the inability to sleep. Ignoring self-control doesn’t mean abandoning self-respect.
- Habits are Traitors to your soul. Habits turn a blind eye to possibilities and ignore problems.
- Stuck is how habits make you feel, and that feeling creates anger, frustration, loneliness and emotional eating.