The easy way is: be true to yourself. That means be honest with yourself. Only by being honest can you have the kind of self-discipline that is empowering. It's intuitive to take control of what matters to you.
When you honestly want to lose weight, use the drive of determination and be patient with yourself. Self-discipline's a natural way to connect with yourself and have the pleasure of feeling good. It's worth the effort if you honestly want to like your body.
Patience is the secret of real satisfaction. I don't get satisfied when I give up. The truth is, I want my body to be healthy. I don't feel good when I ignore my truth.
When I hold my stomach in and stand up straight, I already look like I lost weight. Try it and look in the mirror.
Do you have the courage to live your truth? If you truly want to be your healthy weight, follow these tips:
- Eat Less; chew more.
- Put your sandwich down between bites and don't pick it up before you swallow.
- Put your fork down between bites and don't pick it up before you swallow.
- Notice how your food tastes. Learn what tastes too sweet or too salty.
- Notice how your body feels. Learn what fills you up and what causes bloat.
- Wait at least 15 mins before you have dessert to make sure you really want it. Then, if you do, eat only half - and enjoy every bite.
- Drink water while you watch TV.
- Eat a hard-boiled egg or a handful of walnuts or almonds before parties to take the edge off your hunger. Then, socialize more while you hold your stomach in.
- Talk More; eat less. Feed yourself emotionally by socializing at mealtime.
- Don't abuse yourself by binging.
- Don't punish yourself emotionally. It's a vicious cycle you can end.